Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 5: A Song that Means A lot to You

(you can turn the music off at the bottom of the page)


To this day, every time I hear this song, I can't help but think of Landon and his future.  Before Landon turned a year old, I did a post with a video of Landon during the first 6 months of his therapy sessions.  If you missed it, you can see it HERE!!  This is the song that I chose to play during that video.....the words fit perfectly.  Watching Landon during his therapy sessions those first 6 months, was extremely HARD for me (AND LANDON).  After having 2 "typical" children, I struggled watching Landon work SO HARD, to do the smallest of things.  I remember thinking how unfair it was, that my newborn baby had to push his tiny little body to the point of total fatigue & frustration, just to reach & grasp for a toy.  My heart felt so heavy for him (and still does at times).  You see, it doesn't end here.....Landon is going to face challenges (MOUNTAINS) his whole life.  He is going to do all the things that his friends do, but it is going to take him a little more time with a lot more effort.

Landon tackles each hour long therapy session with such WILL & DETERMINATION!  He smiles, he laughs......and he cries a lot too!!  Yes, he WILL reach his milestone's....and we will be right by his side celebrating each & every one of them!  Each & every achievement is that much sweeter when you know just how much work & effort was put into it.  You see, it's not about "what's waiting on the other side"........"it's the CLIMB"!!!

And I apologize for not picking "A Song"....there just happens to be 2 that are near & dear to my heart.



If you visit my blog often, you hear this song as soon as my blog opens, it's the first song on my playlist!  And this one is simple.....the lyrics could not be any clearer on "MY WISH" (by Rascal Flatts)......this IS MY WISH for all 3 of my boys!!  If this song is playing, you will probably see me smiling & crying at the same time : )

4 comments:

  1. Your Landon is just amazing and perfect and so very darling and his climb may have a few more steep moments but I have no doubt he will reach the top triumphantly.

    Love both these songs.We have a sweet little friend who has battled cancer and who LOVES Miley Cyrus and went to her concert and was chosen from her seat,randomly,to come on stage to sing this song with her.You should google it ...amazing.And "My Wish" was a song that Zoey's primary nurse in the NICU,during our 3 month stay,would sing to her everyday.Can't hear that one without crying everytime!

    Thanks for these posts .. loving them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both great songs! I just love how music can speak to our every emotion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely video share in the post. great your idea i like it

    ReplyDelete